Dominican American award-winning journalist, specialized in Science, Health and Environmental reporting on Caribbean and Latin American communities.
Web savvy and enthusiastic leader, experienced in researching, proofreading, translating, content production/distribution and community engagement, focused on audio and data/interactive.
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, Santiago, Dominican Republic: Bachelor of Arts, Media & Communication Studies (January 2014).
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, New York, United States of America: Master of Arts, Spanish Language Journalism (Expected December 2017). CUNY J-Funglode Scholar
Freelance Journalist (April 2016 – Present) at HuellasJDMC (Dom. Rep./USA).
- Diario Libre – Writer, Environment/Science
- Voices of NY – Translator/Reporter
- El Diario/La Prensa – Collaborator
- HITN – Crawl Operator for 2016 Presidential Election Coverage / Production Assistant for Trump’s Inaugural Ceremony Coverage / PSA Production Coordinator for Thrive NYC
El Alto Web Series Line Producer/Social Media Coordinator (June 2015 – December 2015) at Saltra Pa’Tra Films (New York, USA).
- Produced a 10-episode season for an independent A/V web series project on traditions and culture of Caribbean diaspora in NYC.
- Organized a 4 to 6 hours’ weekend shooting with an 8-member technical and artistic crew.
- Edited and proofread 10 scripts and post edition videos for all episodes.
- Created, scheduled and posted content for postings on social media and YouTube channel.
Media and Marketing Summer Intern (June 2015 – August 2015) at The Nature Conservancy (New York, USA).
- Produced social media content (drafted images and text) for weekly posting on Twitter.
- Performed online and offline information and content research to support media and marketing team to pitch and approach media outlets, journalists and public representatives.
- Created and aggregated keywords to TNC’s Photo Archive; took images and uploaded them to the archive.
- Monitored several email accounts on a daily basis.
- Monitored and built reports on media and social media metrics.
Content Development Manager (June 2014 – March 2015) at Centro León (Santiago, Dom. Rep.).
- Wrote and produced copies for the museum, for internal and external communications.
- Published on a daily basis in traditional media, social media profiles and a website.
- Edited and proofread all branded content: texts, photographs, videos, graphics, books, catalogs, audios and interactive materials. Pitched ideas and stories to publish.
- Collaborated with the Design, Technology and Multimedia Teams.
- Analyzed and prepared social media metrics reports, developed SEO strategy, created a style book and an editing procedure for Centro Leon museum.
Radio Producer/Host/Reporter (January 2014 – May 2014) at Radio Santa María (La Vega, Dom. Rep.).
- Gathered, produced, edited and broadcasted news for a live two-hour newscast.
- Learned to work under tight deadlines.
- Hosted and edited short capsules and interviews for station programming.
- Participated in production discussions with programming and press directors.
Print Journalism Internship: Periodista por un Año (July 2012 – July 2013) at Editora Listin Diario (Santiago, Dom. Rep.).
- Gathered and wrote general news assignments and in-depth features for all six sections (local, national, sports, economics, culture, entertainment) of the oldest Dominican newspaper and for the regional magazine “Zona N”.
- Participated in editorial discussions and proofread the weekly section “El Norte”.
- Shot photographs.
Editor-in-Chief: Huellas de Misión ILAC Magazine (September 2012 – October 2012) at Sonríete Public Relations (Santiago, Dom. Rep.).
- Coordinated the production and translation from Spanish to English of a 46-page magazine.
Copy Editor/Assistant (August 2012 – December 2012) at Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (Santiago, Dom. Rep.).
- Proofread and edited essays and assignments of a 38 student class, on a weekly basis.
Set Director “Semana Más Corta” Film Festival Internship (January 2012 – June 2012) at Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (Santiago, Dom. Rep.).
- Coordinated the Script – Writing, Arts and Entertainment, Photography and Camera Direction units, a 32-member team.
- Edited scripts, graphics, designs, photographs and video packages in production cycle off and on live event.
Online Journalism Internship: Editor-in-Chief Aecsocial Web (May 2010 – May 2011) at Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (Santiago, Dom. Rep.).
- Led 10 communication students who worked as writers, photographers and graphic designers for the online newspaper of the Department of Communication Studies of the University.
- Edited all content published on a Joomla CMS.
- Coordinated social media agenda, strategies and live coverage of academic events and the creation of a new brand identity and image strategy for the project.